How to equip yourself for a whale watching tour.
Getting properly equipped for a whale watching excursion is important to ensure a comfortable and safe experience at sea. Here are some things to consider when kitting out for the hike:
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing: It is recommended to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for the weather and marine conditions, such as waterproof pants and jacket, closed and non-slip shoes, and a hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun protection: Bring sunscreen and apply it several times during the excursion to protect the skin from the sun’s rays. It is also advisable to wear sunglasses to protect the eyes from the reflection of the sun in the sea.
- Binoculars: Carrying good binoculars will allow you to see the cetaceans at a safe distance without having to get too close to the animal.
Camera or camcorder: If you want to capture the experience, bring a camera or camcorder to take photos and videos of the cetaceans.
- Medications: If you suffer from seasickness, it is advisable to bring medications to prevent dizziness. Check with your doctor before taking any medication.
- Food and drinks: Make sure you bring enough water and food for the duration of the excursion. It is advisable to bring food that is easy to transport and does not generate waste.
- Other optional items: Other optional items you can bring include a blanket, a pillow to sit on in the boat, and a waterproof bag to store your belongings.
In general, it is important to equip yourself with the appropriate clothing and items to ensure a comfortable and safe experience on the whale watching excursion.